- J.D. Hastings College of Law, University of California at San Francisco
- B.A. San Francisco State College (University), International Relations, Focus: Theories of Revolution and War.
- 211 Contemporary Asian Americans
- 213 Asian Americans and American Ideals and Institutions
- 350 Filipina/os in the United States
- 518 Asian Americans and Mass Media
Lifetime Acheivement Honoree, Pin@y Educational Partnerships (PEP), San Francisco
Asian American Studies Honoree, Asian Student Union/Asian American Studies Graduation, San Francisco State University
Asian American Studies Exemplar Award, College of Ethnic Studies
- First Place, Inter-Ethnic Category, for “Filipinos: Forgotten Heroes of the UFW” in Filipinas Magazine (May 2005), New California Media Association, New American Media, San Jose, California
- Recognition for Contribution to Journalism, “Filipinos: Forgotten Heroes of the UFW” in Filipinas Magazine (May 2005), Secretary of State Office, Bruce McPherson, Sacramento
- Appreciation for Contributions to the Department of Justice, United States Attorney, Northern California District, San Francisco
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Service in the Field of Drug Enforcement; Robert E. Bender, Special Agent in Charge, San Francisco Field Division
- Filipino American National Historical Society
- Manilatown Heritage Foundation
- New America Media Association
- San Francisco Filipino American Democratic Club
- AAS Major/Minor Advisors
- APTTP Archive Committee
- Faculty Advisor (Chi Rho Omicron - XPO)
- Faculty Advisor (Philipino American Collegiate Endeavor - PACE)
- AAS Dept Hiring Committee
- University Tenure & Promotions Committee (2015 - 2017)
with FANHS, Manilatown Heritage, and PEP. Filipinos in San Francisco. Mount Pleasant, SC: Arcadia Publishing.
- “Accent Discrimination.” Encyclopedia of Asian American Issues Today. Ed. Edith Wen Chu Chen and Grace J. Yoo. Santa Barbara: Greenwood Press. 99-106.
- with Malcolm Collier. “Creation and Survival: Courses and Academic Program, 1969-1986.” At 40: Asian American Studies at San Francisco State. Ed. Jeffery Paul Chan et al. San Francisco: AAS Department, San Francisco State University. 63-74.
- with Malcolm Collier. “Governance in Asian American Studies: Principles, Structures and Practice.” At 40: Asian American Studies @ San Francisco State. Ed. Jeffery Paul Chan, et al. San Francisco: AAS Department, San Francisco State University. 51-62.
- “The Murder of Cha Vang: A Hate Crime?” (sidebar). Encyclopedia of Asian American Issues Today. Ed. Edith Wen Chu Chen and Grace J. Yoo. Santa Barbara: Greenwood Press. 620-621.
- with Malcolm Collier. “Origins: People, Time, Place, Dreams.” At 40: Asian American Studies @ San Francisco State. Ed. Jeffery Paul Chan, et al.San Francisco: AAS Department, San Francisco State University. 7-18.
- “The San Francisco State Strike, Our History of Ethnic Studies” (lesson plan). Pin@y Educational Partnerships : A Filipina/o American Studies Sourcebook Series, Vol. II: Filipina/o Identities, Activism, and Service. Ed. Allyson Tintiangco-Cubales. Santa Clara, CA: Phoenix Publishing House International. 73-76.
with Alex S. Fabros, Jr. “Filipinos: Forgotten Heroes of the UFW.” Filipinas Magazine.
with Alex S. Fabros, Jr. “Citizenship Denied: The Genesis of the Filipino American Civil Rights Movement.” The Course Reader: AAS 456 - Filipinos in America. San Francisco AAS Department, San Francisco State University. 387-391.
“Filipino American Values.” The Asian Pacific American Heritage - A Companion to Literature and Arts. Ed. George J. Leonard. New York and London: Garland Publishing, Inc.
“Filipino American Politics: Attitudes, Beliefs and Action.” Filipinas Magazine.
- ”Jazz Filipiano - at The Asian American Jazz Festival.” Philippine News.
- ”On Filipino American Heroes.” Philippine News and Filipino American National Historical Society Newsletter.
“Pacific Magazine.” A special topics television segment and in-depth journal feature for the weekly program Manila/Manila. Produced/co-produced 37 segments and contributed as writer, director, and editor for more than 26 magazine stories and news clips.
Contributing photographic co-editor. Liwanag [Waking Consciousness]. First anthology of Filipino American graphic and literary art. San Francisco.