The Asian American Studies Department is pleased to annouce that applications are now available for the Paul Whang Memorial Fellowship. In honor of the memory of Paul Whang’s dedication to helping youth, the Paul Whang Memorial Fellowship provides support to college students working with low-income youth in Asian American communities.
- Must be an enrolled full-time undergraduate student majoring or minoring in Asian American Studies and/or a graduate student in the M.A. program in Asian American Studies.
- Must have completed at least 60 hours through an internship working with an organization serving low-income Asian American youth through AAS 688 and/or AAS 681 in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018.
- The award is contingent upon completion of at least 60 hours of the internship by May 1.
- Online application link here https://sfsu.academicworks.com/opportunities/7196
- Attach to the application the following:
- Submit a 200 word essay on why you have chosen to do an internship with an organization serving low-income Asian American youth.
- Submit a 1-2 page resume.
- Submit a signed letter from your internship supervisor detailing how your 60+ hours will be (or were) spent including your role and responsibilities. This organization must be an off-campus organization that serves low-income Asian American youth.