Asian American Community Service Internship Stipends
for AAS 688 Students
Funded by the
Square and Circle Club Civic Engagement Internship Program
The Square and Circle Club Civic Engagement Internship Program is pleased to offer a total of $1,000 in stipends for Spring 2015 SFSU students enrolled in AAS 688. The purpose of these stipends is to support student volunteerism and service in the Asian American community. Please note the following stipulations:
1. Interns must be full-time SFSU students (7+ units); preference will be given to AAS majors, minors, and MA students.
2. Interns must have completed at least one Asian American studies course.
3. Interns must be enrolled in AAS 688 with upper division or graduate standing, and under the supervision of an AAS faculty.
4. The internship must be for a minimum of 100 hours (i.e., 3 units).
5. The internship must be with an off-campus Asian American organization that has a mission to serve the Asian American community and has a 501(c)3 not-for-profit status (if the organization does not have this documentation on file, the student is responsible for obtaining a photocopy of the latter from the organization).
6. Only one internship stipend per community organization per semester.
7. Stipend checks will be issued by Square and Circle Club upon completion of AAS 688 and the internship.
Please click here for the application. Attach to the application: a completed AAS 688 Enrollment Form, an updated DPR (Degree Progress Report), and if applicable, the organization’s 501(c)3 form.
Application Deadline: February 9 (Monday), 4:00 p.m. – submit to the office of the AAS Department (EP 103).
*Students are responsible for finding their own AAS 688 community internships. The following are examples of Asian American community organizations where past AAS students have interned (not-for-profit status of organizations to be verified): Asian Health Services, Asian Pacific Islander Wellness Center, Chinese Culture Center, Diasporic Vietnamese Artists Network (DVAN), Filipino Community Center, Manilatown Heritage Foundation, Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California (JCCCNC), NICOS Health Coalition, South East Asian Cultural Heritage & Musical Performing Arts (SEACHAMPA), and the Square and Circle Club. Please consult with an AAS faculty for more possibilities.
Past Awardees of the AAS 688 Community Service Internship Stipend